Wed 11 Jul
8:30 am to 9:30 am
Calum Burnett - Litigation - Banking, Finance & Regulatory, Partner - Profile
Sarah Hitchins - Litigation - Contentious Regulatory, Senior Associate - Profile
Robbie Sinclair - Litigation - Employment, Senior Associate - Profile
Tim Potts - Litigation - Banking, Finance & Regulatory , Associate - Profile
Holding individuals to account has long been a priority for the FCA and the PRA, as well as the FSA before them. Consistent with the FCA’s objective in this area, there has been a significant increase in the number of individuals who are being investigated by the FCA, often in parallel with an investigation into their firm, whether that is a financial institution or a listed company. Towards the end of 2017, investigations into individuals made up 66% of the FCA’s overall enforcement caseload.
Investigations involving individuals can have quite a different dynamic to those brought solely against a financial institution or a listed company, and raise a number of unique issues and competing demands which require careful consideration.
In this seminar, members of our Contentious Regulatory and Employment Groups will consider a number of the issues and challenges which may arise in circumstances where an individual is being investigated by the FCA and/or the PRA, including in parallel with an investigation into their firm. In particular, this seminar will cover issues relating to:
• Decisions to be taken at the very outset of an investigation.
• The sharing of information between firms and individuals under investigation.
• Providing individuals with access to independent legal advice.
• Managing competing interests as the investigation progresses.
• Managing current employees in the business during the investigation.
• Handling disciplinary proceedings alongside an investigation.
• Internal individual accountability exercises.
• Decisions on freezing or adjustments to individuals’ compensation.
• Settlement of enforcement action.
This seminar will be of interest to individuals working in Legal, Compliance and HR within organisations that may be subject to FCA and/or PRA investigations, namely financial services firms and UK listed companies.
Location: One Bishops Square, London, E1 6AD
This seminar qualifies for 1 CPD point/s
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enter your name, your colleague's name and your colleague's email address.